Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adult
Julie Howell's is St Catherine's safeguarding officer
Members of this church commit themselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults in their care.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to report any abuse. Discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection and appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults, whether paid or volunteer.
- The church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children, young people and vulnerable adults and to providing supervision. It is our aim to encourage these workers to undertake any relevant and necessary training.
- The church is committed to the guidelines and procedures published by the Diocese of Norwich dated 2014 (Safe Haven, the Protection of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults), a reference copy of which is kept in the church office.
- Our intention is to ensure that each worker with children, young people and vulnerable adults knows the recommendations of the Church’s policy and undertakes to observe them. Each worker is expected to be familiar with the church’s agreed procedures. Copies of these will be distributed to those who require them for their work either paid or voluntary capacity.
- As part of our commitment to children, young people and vulnerable adults, the church has appointed Julie Howell to be the Named Person (contact number (07841912010). This role will be regularly explained to children. She is responsible for ensuring all church workers have the necessary Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) clearance and complete a self-declaration form tri-annually.
- If you have any concerns please contact Julie.
- Also, you can Click here to access the Norwich diocese safeguarding webpage.
Useful Contact Numbers
Where a child or adult is at imminent risk call 999.
Local Authority Number for contacting the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub in relation to concerns for the safety of Children and Adults: 0344 800 8020
NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000
Childline 0800 1111
Harbour Centre (Sexual Assualt Referral Centre) Norfolk 01603 276381
Refuge, Domestic abuse (women and men) 020 7395 7771
MACSAS (Minister and Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors) 0808 801 0340
NAPAC (National Association for People Abused in Childhood) 0808 801 0331
Diocese of Norwich Safeguarding Advisers: Sue Brice and Sian Griffiths firstname.lastname@example.org 01603 882345